Thursday, August 24, 2023

An Experiment

 

If it is truly my book covers that are hindering sales, I am about to find out. 

I dislike paying for book marketing. I've done it reluctantly and on a very small scale a couple of times -- purchasing ads for $30.00 each. My most recent ad resulted in three sales; the first in zero.

Thus, I bit the bullet and paid for a graphic designer. Again, I was unwilling to pay more than $30.00, and I didn't. I went with a five-star artist whose work samples looked fine. I didn't factor in that English was his second language. He didn't know what a diner was, so he initially sent me a mockup of a woman in a bow tie serving at a fancy restaurant that had a fireplace, tablecloths, and dark paneling. I subsequently had to pull a couple of pictures off the web and send them to him. 

I'm agreeable to a fault, so his next offering was closer -- not close enough -- but I accepted it. I may continue to use it and I may not. I'm going to let it simmer for a while. 

Nevertheless, I shall see if a professional book cover makes a difference. I'm not going to start a new book until I see some positive results. Barring any, I'll go back to blogging full-time.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment