Wednesday, August 30, 2023

You Be The Judge

In a previous post, I talked about my discomfort with the cover my Fiverr designer came up with. I've always created my own covers and I still like them to this day. This time, however, since my sales have been lackluster (to say the least), I wondered if perhaps my self-designed covers were a turn-off. Thus, I took a chance and paid for an artist's design. 

It was not a success.

The more I looked at it, the more I hated it. His design was generically fine, but it didn't represent my vision for the character. Fellow authors will understand -- we may not have a quite in-focus image of our characters, but their presence lingers in our minds as we're writing them. It's important that they are accurately represented.

I previously discussed my difficulties in locating an appropriate image. This time I browsed iStock, assuming their photos would fall outside my price range. But I found one, and after a discount I paid a whole $9.60 for it. 

After that, the rest was easy.

You be the judge.

 

Fiverr artist's design:


 

 








 

My design:











 

I like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment