Monday, January 8, 2024

New Project Update


Besides complaining, I do also write. I had to drag myself kicking and screaming back to the keyboard because I'd lost my enthusiasm. Intuitively I knew that if I could just start something I'd immerse myself in it, and it's true. While I don't plot, in my off time I do consider possibilities for where to take a story. This one is "good", but it can be better. I just now checked my word count and it's hovering around 17,000 words. That's too short. The good news is, I can flesh it out without padding it. I was anxious to move the story along and wasn't worried about "flavor". But the flavor will come. This is just the initial draft.

As usual, if someone was to ask me what the story is about, I couldn't actually explain it without giving away the ending, and without that it would sound rather drab. "A lot of things happen" isn't exactly a sellable premise.

Anyway, "Untitled" is coming along. I won't be able to judge how good it is until it's finalized, but at least it's interesting to me. And at least I'm back! I'm not a goal setter, but it would be nice to do about four of these in 2024. I only started Untitled the week before Christmas, so my pace is damn good.

And writing has kept me from obsessing over things I can't control. That's good psychic health advice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment