Sunday, January 21, 2024

Quick Update on MailerLite


It turns out that MailerLite's blank template (the only option available to those of us with a free plan) is quite adequate. In fact, I had far less trouble formatting the blank template than I did with any of the pre-formatted ones. One can still easily insert images and text and place them where you want them, instead of fighting with the ready-made modules. 

This solves my quandary of whether to pay for a service I may have no need for in the future. I will continue to use MailerLite's services as long as I find value in sending newsletters (value I have not found to date).  

I'm going with something a bit different next time around. David Gaughran had suggested that a writer talk about a topic they have expertise in, so long as it ties in with the author's genre. The only knowledge I have that relates is my book's settings. While I always create a fictional town, it's generally based on an area I know well. So this time I'm writing a bit about the Black Hills of South Dakota, where Lies and Love is situated.

I've also determined to stop selling, or trying to sell via my newsletter. That hasn't worked anyway. I am offering an ARC copy of Lies and Love, which no one will take me up on, but other than that, no ads. Instead I threw in a recipe. Corny? Ehh. What else have I got? 

So, on to a final read-through of my novella. Getting all that other stuff out of the way clears my head for what I actually do, which is write.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment