Tuesday, June 11, 2024

BookSprout

                                                                              (LOL)

 

Yesterday when I was researching BookFunnel and StoryOrigin, and found that neither of them has a reader base, I took another look at the place where I had set up an account, BookSprout.

Yes, thankfully, readers can sign up, so I don't have to hunt down my own volunteers, but when I pulled up the reader side of it, it showed the most searched keywords. Each of them involves some variation of "romance". No wonder my book still has no takers. 

I think I made a mistake. Granted, BookSprout is the lesser of three evils, but it's still not worth my $30.00 or whatever I paid for it. I think I'll need to jot down the date I signed up, because they'll probably auto-bill me for another month and I certainly don't intend to keep my membership. 

Someone on Reddit had stated that its focus is romance, but then other people who don't write romance claimed to have good results, and the good outnumbered the bad. Research is really hit or miss. Maybe I wanted to believe the good results, so I jumped in. I can apparently talk myself into anything.

Big picture, spending those funds isn't going to break me, but I can't keep throwing away money on promises that don't pan out. 

So, take it from me, if you don't write romance, BookSprout almost certainly isn't the place for you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment