Monday, September 30, 2024

I Made Thirty-Five Cents!


It's been a loooong dry spell, but I sold a book yesterday! That's right! I earned thirty-five cents! I haven't even stopped to consider what I'll spend my riches on; so many choices. I would buy a lottery ticket, but I'm still sixty-five cents short. Damn. There go my investment ideas.

The unfortunate thing is, had I saved the thirty-five cents I made in August, I'd almost have enough for that lottery ticket. All it would take would be to sell one book in October. But now I'm screwed.

There's a certain level of unfairness to it all. Granted, I'd rather be rich (like I am) than not rich, but managing my portfolio is a real pain. Do I diversify? I'm far too busy counting my riches to deal with financial planning. Shouldn't I leave that to the little people? The poors?

A lot of authors ask me what my secret is. I wish they'd stop bothering me. I'll say this one time: Write a book, sell a book. To be clear, sell one copy of a book. It's not rocket science. If you're savvy enough, try to sell one copy a month. That will spread out the wealth, and my financial guy said that's good for tax purposes -- or something. I wasn't really listening.

Now go away.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment