Sunday, August 15, 2021

It's Time To Roll

 

I've been awaiting responses from three small publishing houses, but responses don't seem to be forthcoming. So I think it's time to pull the trigger on self-publishing. I'm ready to close out this chapter (no pun intended). 

To be clear, I'm only self-publishing because I want to be done. I sold zero (yes, zero) copies of my first two novels. I wonder if I set a record! It's true that I didn't invest in advertising, because I couldn't afford to. I just crossed my fingers. (TIP: That doesn't actually work.)

The good news is, this time around I will have spent exactly $0.00 to prep for processing. I created my own cover for free, I surely didn't hire an editor, and I used Kindle Create for formatting. I still won't buy advertising and I'm not going to do any giveaways (Does Kindle even have that anymore?) 

I won't mess with Smashwords again. It's SO clunky and nitpicky. If I decide to list my book on Barnes and Noble or Kobo, I will use their individual uploading tools. If you would like more self-publishing tips, visit my author website (apriltompkins.net)

Today seems like a good day to publish.


No comments:

Post a Comment