Thursday, September 22, 2022

Novella ~ Second Chance


I've been remiss in featuring my latest novella, Second Chance, published on August 24. I'm always partial to my latest work, but this one, I must say, is pretty good!

Like all my works to date, "place" plays an important role. Someone asked once on Twitter if characters or setting come first, and I thought, well, of course, it's characters! But I find that's not really true. For me the setting is a character all its own and plays a vital role in the protagonist's journey. 

So, if you're a fan of new places and a woman trying to find her way in life, please check out Second Chance.

 

Synopsis: 


The final breakup of Leah’s band was brutal. Now she’s unemployed, with no life skills and no future. She packs up the belongings she hasn’t already sold off for rent money, kisses her mother goodbye, and takes to the road with no destination in mind. Driving all night, she pulls into a rural truck stop, where a stranger points her toward a town called Chance. She checks into Chance’s old hotel for the night.

And then she decides to stay.

She reinvents herself as a saloon waitress and falls in love with an intoxicating singer.

Then everything falls apart.

Was Chance just one more doomed choice in a long line of stumbles? Or will she at last put up a fight and stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment