Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Readers And How To Find Them (A Question)

 

Authors, how do you get readers? Seriously, how do you? While I like the books I write, it certainly would be nice to receive some feedback every, oh, month or so. I get it that as a self-published author I'm at a HUGE disadvantage, but I swear I will win the Mega Millions jackpot before another reader finds and downloads one of my books.

Perhaps I write bad book descriptions. I do try to do better. I've researched how to improve my copy, I've absorbed and implemented all the tips that make sense. 

I strive to come up with compelling book titles and enticing cover art.  

I price my novels and novellas cheap. I've run giveaways and still no one has bitten. I've run an ad or two, even though I can hardly afford to do so. My ad budget is: one ad to run for exactly one day -- that's all the money I can spare.

I'm currently finishing up the first draft of my latest novella, but I feel so disheartened that I question whether I will ever start another. Writing when you know the only person who'll ever read it is you really crushes creativity. 

I should take up painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment