Monday, December 4, 2023

I Love My Book Covers

 

Since I have no book sales to brag about, it's time to give myself kudos for something. And that something is my book covers.

There's no denying that I'm a visual person. Not ideal for a spiller of words on a page, but the fact remains that I love creating book covers, just like I loved making music videos for our band. Those are things that make natural sense to me. I see the world in pictures. 

And yea, I've documented how I tweak those book covers endlessly. If something seems off, it bothers me, and I'm not about to let that lie. I don't even care if it doesn't bother anyone else; if it bothers me, it has to be fixed. 

For many years I was into photography. That was back before everything was digital, and one had to load a roll of film into their camera and haul the completed roll off to the store for processing. My rule of thumb was, if one photo out of ten turned out to be a keeper, I was doing my job. I reveled in snapping photos from weird angles ~ something different from the usual "point and shoot". The fun was finding a unique perspective. I didn't hesitate to get down on the ground or to highlight what would be, for others, a photographic impediment. Or to catch the sun glinting off a fence post. 

There isn't one of my covers I dislike...now. I do see some room for improvement on a couple. My author name needs to be enlarged, but I don't know if it's worth the whole re-uploading process on Amazon for that tiny fix. (But I probably will.)

I was gratified to hear my new guru, David Gaughran tout the wonders of Canva. If he thinks it's good, I'm on the right track.

That's all. 

Just wanted to brag about something.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment