Saturday, December 16, 2023

My 99-Cent Book Deal Failed Miserably

 

 

My BookBub ad for The Diner Girl did so well, I couldn't wait to advertise another book, this time one that I wasn't offering for free. And thus I did. I priced Shadow Song at ninety-nine cents and I received one click ~ ONE. Honest to God, I'm going to stick with playing the lottery. 

I should add, one click and zero purchased. So one person actually considered buying, but then said, "Nah, not worth a whole dollar." 

The moral of the story is, if you want to pay to give your book away, please do so. I hope you get a bunch of good reviews out of it. (I didn't get any reviews for The Diner Girl.) 

I briefly thought I'd gained some momentum, but that feeling is gone.

Sigh. 

One step forward and ten steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment