Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Does Any Company Ever Follow Up?

I might be too impatient, but what writer isn't? I blogged the other day that I might be invisible and not realize it, and now I'm thinking that's not so far-fetched. 

Some issues are minor, like whether KDP will agree to add additional categories to my book. Even if they do, it won't make much difference. But a couple of things are rather important (to me), such as the status of my Voracious Readers Only promotion, which is not free, by the way; and my LibraryThing giveaway. Every day I pull up my email accounts, expecting to see a reply, but never finding one. Gosh, if it wasn't for spammers and scammers and occasional Amazon shipment updates, there'd be no need to access my email at all. Maybe they're just busy, but an auto-response stating they received my submission wouldn't even require a hands-on effort. Instead I'm left to wonder.

On a somewhat related note, I posted a plea for ARC readers on a second Goodreads group and that, too, received no response. "Your story sounds dull as dirt. No thanks."

BookSprout continues to be as worthless as can be. I'll be canceling them as soon as my month is up.

It would be nice to have some good news to share, but alas. If I was still publishing author tips on my website, a few of these companies would get 👎

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment