Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Marketing Plans


When I think about marketing, I think in terms of promos, not ads. I've only done one technical "ad" and it hasn't worked out well. On the plus side, my Amazon ad hasn't cost me any money so far, but that's because it didn't result in any clicks. Still, it's good to try new things, if for no other reason than to learn what does and doesn't work.

When Inn Dreams goes live on Monday, I'll most likely utilize some of the cheap sites I used before. I've debated whether to change its price from $1.99 to $.99, but I'm leaning toward leaving it alone. It's new, after all. And it's heftier than my other novellas. Some advise discounting a new book, but seriously, are people really that cheap? I mean, I know many are, but a whole dollar influences their purchasing decision? In this economy, something costing only two dollars is a hell of a deal. 

I don't know if I'll make use of any of the big sites. I'm running a Fussy Librarian ad on Saturday for a different book, solely because I received a half-off promo email. We'll see how that goes. BookBub is another possibility, but it hasn't panned out for me in the past. 

I'm certainly not going to promote via social media. That's a loser. And no bloggers, which reminds me, I received an assurance a long time ago from a blogger who promised to review my book, albeit several months in the future (she was very backed up). Well, that future has come and gone ~ I've written two books since her promise ~ and the review hasn't been forthcoming. And to think I even donated to her site. I've since learned to take these kinds of assurances in stride.

Recently I discovered a couple of new (to me) sites, and I'm tempted to give them a spin. They're relatively inexpensive, which is a definite requirement. As for my LibraryThing giveaway, I don't expect to hear whether it's been approved for another week or two. 

Overall, I've have enough irons in the fire. All I can do is what I can do, and then it's time to move on.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment