Monday, June 24, 2024

Okay, BookSprout...

   

Well, well, well...it seems having a "team" was what held me back from getting ARC readers on BookSprout. Since I deleted the team yesterday I've gotten two takers. I've tried researching the significance of having a team, but I can't find a specific statement indicating that one's readers are limited to only those on the team. However, it can't be a coincidence. I've had my book up for review for two weeks and nothing. 

Well, that was two weeks wasted.

The site really needs to make clear how a team impacts a campaign's success. When I signed up for an account I dutifully filled in all the fields that were presented. I did find the "team" part odd, but I assumed it was just a BookSprout gimmick, as in "Won't it feel great for you to have a mythological team?"

Apparently, a team's purpose is for an author to invite people to join it; a special link and all that. Sorry, but if I already had a group of ARC readers, why would I need BookSprout? So dumb.

Thus, I've extended my campaign for an additional two weeks to try to make up for the wasted time. Trust me; this hasn't altered my opinion of the site. It only confirms it.  

I have a dilemma right now ~ I was going to cancel my account on July 9, but now I feel like I have to see my campaign through. Plus, my Voracious Readers Only promo is using BookSprout for ARC housing. (Unfortunate choice on my part.)

I don't mind failing and learning from that failure. I do mind paying money to find something out the hard way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment