Monday, June 10, 2024

Okay, Seriously?


In trying to compare BookFunnel and StoryOrigin, I wondered how readers found the books they offer. 

Guess what?

BookFunnel is not a promotional platform and we do not have a reader mailing list. Readers will only find your book on our service if you (or someone else) send them the link to it. Because we are not a promo site, you can trust that when you send your reader to BookFunnel, they are only going to see your book.

StoryOrigin:

Readers find your books through cross-promotions (newsletter swaps and group promos) that you organize with other authors.

So I have to find the readers myself? Then what do I need them for? I can't get readers! I thought that's what authors paid these sites to do! What the heck?  At least BookSprout apparently has readers; I mean, you can sign up for a reader account. Granted, no one has partaken of my book yet, but at least there's the possibility someone might.

I'm so glad I didn't plunk money down for either of these sites. They definitely have a good (for them) gig. The author does all the work and she pays us!

It's a relief to know I won't have to shell out any more money, because I will be removing BookFunnel and StoryOrigin from my bookmark list. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment