Thursday, June 13, 2024

Still Seeking ARC Readers (Not Giving Up)


One might call it a quirk, but I prefer to label it "determination". When something that by all measures should work out, but doesn't, I'm unwilling to let it slide. There is no comprehensible reason why, out of all the places I've tried, that I can't find but one ARC reader. My cover is great, the blurb is good ~ revealing enough but not too much of the story. I understand that women's fiction isn't very popular, but some people read it.

BookSprouts is still sitting at zero takers, none of my Goodreads ARC postings have received a response, and as for Voracious Readers Only, I still have no clue whether they've even accepted my submission. Believe me, it was nearly impossible to track down a contact address for them, but I finally managed to find one (hopefully it's still valid), and I emailed and asked for a status update. 

Now I'm perusing a 2024 list of potential ARC sites and I've found a few new ones. Aside from Facebook groups, I'll use every one that seems valid, useful, and free or nearly free. I'm a bit leery of some of them; the reader base for many is not huge, but how is that any worse than posting in a Goodreads group? If they don't look sketchy, I'm willing to give them a try. And much like the smaller promo sites I used in the past, they could well be hidden gems.

I've barely scratched the surface, but I did post in a couple of Goodreads groups I was previously unaware of, and I'll peruse the entire list later. This isn't the first time I've Googled this information, but I did not find this list before. Maybe it's new. I do like its summary of each site, but I would have appreciated a deeper dive into the genres these places specialize in. I'm not getting hooked into a romance site again. I can ferret that out easily, though, just by pulling up the reader side of each one.   

Do I mind giving away a bunch of copies? I would love to. Obviously, that's not going to happen, but right now I'd be happy with just a few. At least more than the one I have now.

I'm not ready to dive into a new project and I still have over a week to go before Inn Dreams is live, so I can't promo it yet. I've got nothing else to do but dig into the pre-publication side of things. It can't hurt and it keeps me busy.

And I am loathe to give up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment