Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Old Lady Came Back


I continue my quest of cobbling a novella out of my second novel. As I neared the end, I realized that a big plot hole existed, so I had to resurrect the old lady. This time she's this big, whereas in the original manuscript she was this big.

Her part is only big enough now to make the story cohesive. 

I still haven't slogged my way to the ending. It's enough work just changing all the "she's" to "I's". 

But it may all work out.

Or it may all fall apart.

I'm not putting anything out there that doesn't please me, and reaching that point will take a while. 

The fact remains that I'm eager to be done, so I can craft a new story. 

All in all, though, it's good writing practice. I wasn't terrible when I wrote this one, but I'm better now.

But I'm done for today. As the song goes, "I've had as much of this as I can stand". 

No comments:

Post a Comment