Friday, March 1, 2024

Eagerly Monitoring My Newsletter Stats


My March newsletter went out a few hours ago, and as you can imagine I'm carefully monitoring its "success". So far I have thirteen* opens with two unsubscribes. Yay for me! I'm maintaining my average! Mind you, the newsletter was sent to 165 subscribers, so thirteen opens is rather paltry. I suspect that most people just sent it to trash, unviewed. That's what I would do. I'm shooting for a bunch more unsubscribes so I can do away with this newsletter nonsense. I'll probably discontinue it, regardless. 

*One of those opens was me.

Ironically, this newsletter was pretty good, my best layout ever. It looks quite professional, with a mix of useful information and personalization. I've gotten better at doing it, just at the time I realized its futility.

All the advice I gleaned online was craptastic. You really need a newsletter. You really need ARC readers. You really, really need reviews.

I don't need any of that stuff. I don't want any of that stuff. Those tips were meant for authors who actually sell books. For authors with readers who want to subscribe to their newsletter; not a bunch of people who signed up just to win a bundle of books that happened to include one of mine.

I've decided to make my novella-in-progress awesome ~ as revenge. No one will know about it but me, but that'll be their loss. 

This has not been my best week. I had oral surgery on Monday, some embarrassing snafus sending ARC copies, and then to top it off, a bad review. Maybe in a few days I'll feel better about it all. I'm not optimistic.

It's time to step away from writing for a while and step away from promotion forever.

I would apologize for my attitude if anyone was reading this, but as my analytics tells me, no one is.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment