Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Not So Easy

I remembered Second Chance as being pretty good. It is, in some parts. In others? Yes, it's a novella, but the whole thing seems rushed, devoid of detail. An objective read of it felt like I was bingeing on cotton candy. "Rushed" has been a downfall of my writing, and it never bothered me before. Again, I write novellas. But after slaving to flesh out Inn Dreams, I now find myself dissatisfied with the superficiality of my stories. Not all of them ~ certain stories lend themselves to low word counts, but others need more meat.

It's difficult to get back into a book from so long ago to rework it. I'm no longer "living" the story; it's like revising old faded memories. But I only have three options:

  1. Keep it for sale as is
  2. Unpublish it
  3. Try to make it better

I've got a lot of time on my hands, so I'll give it a go and see what comes of it. Who knows? It could work out. If I view it as a challenge, the exercise will at least hold some interest for me.

Time, and a lot of cutting and pasting, will tell.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment